So true – the days when women were natural – now you don’t know.
I love this – if we only have a small patch of ground we can still find space to cultivate our own vegetables.
ABOUT TIME PEOPLE REALISED THE DAMAGE THIS DRINK CAN DO. JUST PUT A COIN IN IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Blueberries are refreshing, thirst-quenching and deliciously sweet. As fruits go, blueberries are among the most nuanced. Some love blueberries while others steer clear, but one thing’s for sure; true blueberry lovers never get bored of them.
Blueberries are a taste sensation and can bring desserts and salad’s alive. Blueberry pie and blueberry-topped cheesecake are ranked favourites worldwide. So taste is one reason to keep blueberries in your diet, here are 10 more:
1. Blueberries help the brain. Memory loss that comes with age is resisted by these tiny fruits. Memory is improved, and by extension we retain more of what we learn. It’s a smart little berry!
2. Stay young by eating your 5-a-day. The free-radicals responsible for our aging are resisted by blueberries. In effect we have the power to slow down the aging process, which makes blueberries a fountain of youth.
3. The antioxidants found in blueberries have been known to give us softer skin- blueberry moisturiser anyone?
4. Similar to cranberries, blueberries can help to keep your bladder healthy by fighting bacteria that would otherwise make it more difficult to pass water.
5. Blueberries are packed with vitamins A, B, C, and E (along with selenium and zinc), which all contribute to a healthier, stronger immune system.
6. Vision. Sadly carrots don’t help us see better in the dark, but blueberries can fight visual loss. Cataracts are statistically less likely among people who include blueberries in their diet.
7. High metabolism and loss of beer belly- blueberries build our food processing abilities. You know how the weight you lost aged 20 didn’t go nearly as easily aged 30? Well, blueberries can help!
8. As the cardiac muscles are strengthened and the high fibre counters the cholesterol, blueberries are heart-friendly little nippers.
9. Constipation is a common problem but one that’s beaten by a high fibre diet, so get munching those blueberries.
10. The final trick? Blueberries have the ability to stop tumours from developing. The free-radical cells seen with aging can also be associated with cancer, so when aging is thrown out the window, cancer soon follows.
As with everything, blueberries are only part of the solution. An active lifestyle and healthy diet are also required to fight off any nasties, but be sure to add this wonder fruit to your shopping list!
I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor’s permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour.
But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.
Well Done, Northampton !!!
THE BEST HOSPITAL SIGN EVER?
Where else but the National Health in the UK?
Would this work elsewhere do you think?
In 2011, China became the first country to pass national legislation legally obligating adult children to visit their elderly parents. There are no set parameters for how often children must visit, but parents in China
who do not feel sufficiently cared for have legal grounds to sue their adult children. This law was put into place as a result of more adult children moving away from their parents and into bigger cities, which was
thought to contribute to rising levels of the elderly being neglected or abused.
Although a legal obligation for visitation is not common worldwide, adult children might be required to pay for their elderly parents’s expenses. For example, in the United States, 30 states have laws that make adult children legally responsible for their elderly parents’ necessities,
such as food, shelter and medical care, but those laws are rarely enforced.
Best clean joke this year
This one made me laugh.
Jack, age 92, and Gill, age 89, are all excited about their decision to get married. They go for a stroll to discuss the wedding, and on the way they pass a chemist shop and Jack suggests they go in.
Jack addresses the man behind the counter:
“Are you the owner?”
The pharmacist answers, “Yes.”
Jack: “We’re about to get married. Do you sell heart medication?”
Pharmacist: “Of course we do.”
Jack: “How about medicine for circulation?”
Pharmacist: “All kinds”
Jack: “Medicine for rheumatism?”
Jack: “How about suppositories?”
Jack: “Medicine for memory problems, arthritis, and Alzheimer’s?”
Pharmacist: “Yes, a large variety. The works.”
Jack: “What about vitamins, sleeping pills, antidotes for Parkinson’s disease?”
Jack: “Everything for heartburn and indigestion?”
Pharmacist: “We do…”
Jack: “You sell wheelchairs and walkers and canes?”
Pharmacist: “All speeds and sizes.”
Jack: “Adult incontinence pants?”
Jack: “Then we’d like to use this store for our wedding presents list!!”
As I was lying around, pondering the problems of the world,
I realized that at my age I don’t really give a rat’s arse anymore.
….If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
….A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, but is still fat.
….A rabbit runs and hops and only lives15 years, while
….A tortoise doesn’t run and does mostly nothing, yet it lives for 150 years.
And you tell me to exercise? I don’t think so.
Just grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,
the good fortune to remember the ones I do, and the
eyesight to tell the difference.
Now that I’m older here’s what I’ve discovered:
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats are mostly enjoyed with prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, then where the heck is it?
7. It was a whole lot easier to get older than to get wiser.
8. Some days, you’re the top dog; some days you’re the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck really did stop here; I sure could use a few of them.
10.. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12. It’s hard to make a comeback when you haven’t been anywhere.
13. The world only beats a path to your door when you’re in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he’d have put them on my knees.
15. When I’m finally holding all the right cards, everyone wants to play chess.
16. It’s not hard to meet expenses . . . they’re everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . . .I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I’m “here after”.
19. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
20. HAVE I POSTED THIS MESSAGE TO BEFORE.????
Wrinkles – Everybody gets them at some point. However, there are a few simple steps you can take to avoid wrinkles as long as possible. And do not worry, facelifts didn’t make the list. Instead, Chamonix has developed the infographic below where you will find the best and easiest ways to prevent those pesky little wrinkles.
Here are 7 signs that can be taken as warning and could help avert a catastrophic situation:
1. Discomfort in the Chest
The most common warning sign of a heart attack is the feeling of discomfort or heaviness in the chest. This feeling could also be more of a burning sensation. Any of these symptoms should not be taken lightly, and if it occurs more than once, you need to rush to your doctor. If another person is complaining of the problem, chances are they have experienced the feeling before and are only expressing it now. So, rush them to the nearest doctor or hospital immediately for a check up.
2. Shortness of Breath
If your breathing gets heavy and the breath falls short even after a short walk, climb or other form of movement or exercise, it should be a huge cause of worry. Even if this condition is not accompanied with chest discomfort, it should be taken as a warning sign.
Whilst sweating is inevitable in the scorching heat of May and June, excessive sweating even in cool conditions is uncalled for. If you notice such sweating, consult a medical professional immediately.
Regularly feeling nauseous of dizzy could imply the onset of a heart attack. Do not treat is callously as a sign of tiredness. This could happen due to the artery getting blocked. It could also display itself via excessive stress, fatigue after short spans of movement or exercise, or a feeling of weakness despite eating and sleeping well.
5. Numbness in Arms
If your arms feel numb and seem to be drifting to the sides, heart problem may be the cause.
If certain parts of your body begin to stop responding, do not ignore the circumstance. The affected parts may be the shoulders, arms or back of the neck.
7. Slurring while Speaking
Difficulty while speaking need not necessarily occur after a bout of drinking with the buddies. It could be a graver situation than that! Inability to speak coherently could be the sign of a great attack. If you think you are suffering this ask a friend or relative to help by asking them to understand what you are saying.
A heart attack can be avoided if the warning signs are read correctly and in time. Seek medical aid immediately if one or more of the above symptoms are noticed. They could be the result of a choked artery. Even if heart attack is not the result, a check up should definitely not be avoided! Take care!